Spay Day steps:
- Check in.
- Complete forms.
- Cats are collared, weighed and anesthesized.
- Cat are kennels numbered to correspond to their neckbands (paperwork is also numbered to correspond with kennels and neckbands).
- When cats are unconscious they are:
- Shaved down
- Scrubbed with sterilizers
- Given eye drops to keep eyes lubricated
- Cats are taken to surgery, and vets perform the surgeries.
- Cats are brought out of surgery and taken to the next station.
- Rabies and distemper vaccinations are given, and leukemia testing is done.
- Cats are placed into their kennels, where they are monitored (slowly waking from anesthesia).
- Owners pick up their pets when they are ready to leave.